Every year, the radical pro-abortion group NARAL gives out grades based on state laws related to abortion.This year, Pennsylvania got an F on its report card.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Women in Pennsylvania must be offered accurate information about the abortion procedure, its risks and alternatives before having an abortion.
- Our legislature provides money for our state’s innovative Alternatives to Abortion program administered by Real Alternatives, which ensures that pregnant and parenting moms don’t feel like abortion is their only option. This funding goes to pregnancy resource centers, maternity homes, and other social service organizations that offer women physical and emotional support while they are pregnant and parenting.
- Young women under age 18 must have a parent’s consent before having an abortion.
- Our state holds abortion centers accountable for meeting basic health and safety standards in their facilities.
- Abortions are not allowed after a baby is viable outside the womb.
You can see their full list of reasons for our grade on NARAL’s website.
Pennsylvania’s report card is a reason to celebrate. Pro-abortion groups like NARAL are feeling afraid because of these basic, common sense provisions in our state. It’s evidence that we are making a difference. That’s why they gave us an F.
Abortions in Pennsylvania dropped to a historic low in 2013, and more women are being empowered with the resources to choose life for their babies. Please help us keep Pennsylvania a strong leader in the fight to protect babies and their moms from the tragedy of abortion. Click here to find out about how you can get involved.