The year 2020 will mark a new era in the decades-old fight for legal protection for preborn children in Pennsylvania.
Next year the Keystone State will be holding its first Pennsylvania March for Life on May 18th. Pro-lifers from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh and many points in between will be converging on the state Capitol in Harrisburg to draw attention to the plight of the Commonwealth’s most vulnerable citizens.
Why will we be marching in Pennsylvania?
- We march on behalf of children in the womb who lose their lives at the rate of 30,000 annually in the state known as the birthplace of our nation.
- We march for the many Pennsylvania women facing challenging circumstances during their pregnancies.
- We march in honor of children with special needs who so often receive a prenatal death sentence based on their diagnosis.
- We march in solidarity with women who have had abortions who now regret them.
- We march arm-in-arm with men who have grieved lost fatherhood as a result of abortion.
- We march to empower the frail elderly who are in danger of assisted suicide and euthanasia.
- We march to celebrate the gift of life, at all its stages and phases of development.
- We march to rebuild a culture of life in Pennsylvania from the moment of conception to the instant of natural death.
- We march in defense of our time-tested Abortion Control Act, which provides for 24-hour waiting periods, parental consent, and informed consent for abortion.
- We march in recognition of the need for greater legal protections for preborn children in Pennsylvania.
- We march to show that there is a better way to handle unexpected pregnancies than Roe v. Wade, the tragic U.S. Supreme Court decision which brought us abortion for any reason, or no reason at all, during all nine months of pregnancy.
- We march to demonstrate our opposition to cruel dismemberment abortions, in which babies are torn limb by limb from their mothers’ wombs.
- We march to bring hope and healing to grandparents who have lost precious grandchildren to abortion.
- We march in recognition of the hundreds of pregnancy resource centers throughout the Commonwealth which offer comprehensive counseling and support to pregnant women and their families.
- We march to rededicate ourselves to the awesome pro-life movement which has enhanced the quality of life in Pennsylvania.
- We march to pay tribute to the dignity and inestimable value of human life.
If you live in Pennsylvania, please consider joining us at the 2020 Pennsylvania March for Life. It is your opportunity to stand up for the values you hold dear.